We planted our first vines back in the early ’70s in the townland of San Paolo di Jesi, the classic production area for Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi. In the early ’90s we began planting olive tree saplings in the townland of Cupramontana and the quality and quantity of fruit produced an extra virgin olive oil ripe for bottling.
Verdicchio is combined with the extra virgin olive oil, produced by an olive grove planted in the 90s, in the territory of Cupramontana, where the tradition of olive has been rooted for centuries: we can find references to olive oil and its quality already in the the medieval period. Variety, climate and soil are the factors which determine the particular sensory characteristics of the extra virgin oil Benforte.
- Lucibello Golden Star ai Vini d’Italia 7 luglio 2018
- Barbangelo premiato all’International Wine Challenge 7 luglio 2018
- Benforte e Sveva Casati Modigliani 10 marzo 2017
- Corona al Lucibello dai Vinibuoni d’Italia 2017 15 novembre 2016
- Il Barbangelo premiato a Golosaria 13 novembre 2016